In compliance with Order no. 229 (www.garanteprivacy.it) issued by the Italian Data Protection Authority on 8 May 2014, we are providing you with the following information on cookies, their functions and how to disable them if necessary.
Cookies are small text files that websites visited by a user send and store on his or her personal computer or any other device, including mobile devices, to be sent back to the same websites the next time the user visits them. Cookies are used for various purposes: for example, to remember the user's actions and preferences (such as, for example, login data, chosen language, font size, other display settings, etc.) so that they do not have to be specified again when the user returns to that website or navigates from one page of it to another; or to perform computer authentication or session monitoring and to save information regarding the activities of users accessing a website, and may also contain a unique identification code that allows tracking of the user's navigation within the website for statistical or advertising purposes. Certain operations may not be carried out without using cookies, which are therefore in certain cases technically necessary for the operation of the website itself.
Types of cookies and their functions
There are various types of cookies, with different characteristics and functions:
- Technical cookies (strictly necessary):
- are used for the sole purpose of transmitting a communication over an electronic communications network, or, to the extent strictly necessary, to provide a service explicitly requested by the user.
- are used to allow you to log in to reserved areas and to make e-commerce purchases.
- allow you to browse the website better according to criteria and options you have already selected (such as, for instance, your preferred language, so that you do not have to select that option each time you access the website, or the products you have chosen to purchase, so that you can store them in your virtual shopping cart until the next time you access the website).
- Analytics cookies, used to collect information, in pooled form, on the number of users and pages viewed (e.g. Google AdWords, Google Analytics). Please refer to the relevant policies, which may change from time to time and which you are therefore advised to consult periodically, where more detailed information is provided. Our website contains third-party analytics cookies that access user data in pooled form only.
- Marketing and profiling cookies, aimed at creating user profiles and used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while browsing the web. They are used by partners in order to present you with banner advertisements of this website when you are on other websites, showing you the latest products you viewed. The use of these cookies does not imply the processing of personal data, but may allow connection to your computer or other devices and tracking of saved data: these cookies connect to the browser installed on your computer or other devices used while browsing. Links are provided below to these third parties’ privacy policies and related consent forms, which may change from time to time and which you are therefore advised to consult periodically, where more detailed information is provided:
All the types of cookies mentioned above may remain on your computer or mobile device for varying periods of time, depending on the function they serve. Cookies stored on your computer or mobile device cannot be used to retrieve any data from your hard disk, transmit computer viruses, identify and use your e-mail address, or for any purpose other than those described above.
How to change cookie settings
Click here to accept or reject our website's cookies for marketing/profiling purposes. If you choose to reject this type of cookie, technical, navigation or session and functionality cookies will not be blocked. Please note that these preferences will not apply to other websites you may visit.
You can set and manage your cookie preferences at any time by selecting which cookies to allow, block or delete, in whole or in part, directly through your browser settings (i.e., the browser programme you use).
Below are some brief instructions on how to change cookie settings using your browser tools, with particular reference to the four most popular browsers:
Select Settings and more > Settings > Cookies and site permissions, under Cookies and data stored select Manage and delete cookies and site data > See all cookies and site data and look for the website whose cookies you want to delete, select the down arrow to the right of the website whose cookies you want to delete and select Delete. www.microsoft.com
Click the Customise and control Google Chrome icon; in the top right-hand corner and select Settings. Now select Show Advanced Settings and then, in the Privacy section, click on Content Settings. In the pop-up window that opens, clicking Manage Exceptions allows you to change your cookie settings, selecting or deselecting the cookies to allow or block. www.google.com
From the drop-down menu in the top left corner select Options. In the pop up window select Privacy. Here you can adjust your cookie settings. www.mozilla.org
From the drop-down menu in the top right corner select Preferences. Select Security; here you can adjust your cookie settings. We will store your cookie preferences by means of a technical cookie with the characteristics specified in the table above. www.apple.com
For more information and details on the various types of cookies, how they work and their characteristics, we invite you to visit the open access websites - www.AllAboutCookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com. To disable analytical cookies and to prevent Google Analytics from collecting data on your browsing, you can download the Browser Add-on for disabling Google Analytics: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We will store your cookie preferences by means of a technical cookie with the characteristics specified in the table above.
Please note that blocking or deleting all or some:
- technical cookies, may make it impossible to use our website, view its contents and use its services;
- functionality cookies, may result in some services or functions of the website not being available or not working properly, forcing you to change or manually enter certain information or preferences each time you visit the website;
- of the other cookies present (analytics and profiling) will not affect the operation of the website.
How can I block cookies?
Thank you for reading this information, which we have done our best to make simple, complete, clear and transparent. Nevertheless, we are always trying to improve: if you have any suggestions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This policy may change in the future; you will be informed of any changes by email, so that you can have as much control over your data as possible, in which case you will be required to read it again carefully